Lettuce Wraps


Yesterday on facebook I implied that my lettuce wraps were better than P.F.Chang's. Oops, big mistake...I don't think I've ever had such popular status update. Now I have tons of friends asking me to share the recipe.
The "oops" part is that I actually did not follow any recipes! I JUST MADE IT UP!
I had chicken and lettuce in the fridge, and I did not want to eat "grilled chicken salad" again, so I decided to go "Rachel Ray" on my family (I know Rachel Ray is a person, but in my language it's also an adjective to describe people like me that just make recipes up...it can be a verb too...ex.: Did you just "Rachel Ray" that?) Either way, I gathered a few more ingredients and "voila" chicken lettuce wraps for dinner!!

So now that the big secret is out, I'll share with you what I cooked last night...if you don't like it, Google another lettuce wrap recipe...it won't hurt my feelings, I promise!

2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
2 chicken breasts, cubed
1/2 cup of cashews, chopped
1/2 cup mushrooms, minced
1 cup red onion, chopped
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 cup green pepper, chopped
1/3 cup of Teriyaki Takumi collection sauce...the original.
6 large leaves of "living lettuce".

Saute onion, garlic, green pepper in olive oil for a few minutes.
Add chicken.
before the chicken is completely cooked, add mushrooms, cashews, and Teriyaki sauce.
Let it simmer for a while.
serve it inside a crispy leave of lettuce.
(the secret to make it delicious is the yummy gingery teriyaki sauce and the crunchy lettuce!)

P.S.: yes, this recipe is frugal! I'm not sure how much the ingredients cost, but I know It comes out to be way more affordable than P.F.Chang's!!!
P.S.#2: I obviously did not take the picture above. I got it from she-fit.com. In this blog, the girl has another lettuce wrap recipe. She uses a different teriyaki sauce and adds more ingredients, like celery and carrots, which sounds good too. So check it out, if you dare.

1 comment:

Miranda said...

SO YUMMY!!!
Okay, so this is an official invitation to come live at my house for a week or so. How will you repay me you ask? Cook dinner every night :o)