Alcohol-ic


My first experience with alcohol was in college. I tried drinking it so I could "fit in" and be cool, but all I ever got from it was awful hang-overs and multiple embarrassing stories. Here I am, seven years later, experimenting with it again. Don't you worry friends, this time I won't be drinking it, just cleaning with it, I promise!

Isopropyl rubbing alcohol 70% usp, is like a miracle sent from heaven. I love cleaning with it! Baking soda and white vinegar are also on the top of my list of favorites! Those three ingredients are so cheap and "green", and yet so effective for your day to day cleaning.
Here is some of the facts I found on my "research":
White vinegar and rubbing alcohol disinfects and baking soda deodorizes. wow! complicated, right? So, when you mix vinegar, baking soda and water together you get an awesome all-purpose cleaner. Oh, and the best part is, when the baking soda and vinegar mix together, it bubbles!! I was so excited to see that! I felt like a home-schooled kid doing a science experiment.

Out of all the "recipes" I tried, this one is the most effective:

Mix 1 cup white vinegar and 1/4 cup baking soda into 1/2 gallon (2 liters) water.

I used this solution to clean my kitchen appliances, baby's high chair, and other surfaces that just needed to "wiped", not necessarily "scrubbed".

For hard core cleaning, like the bathtub and bathroom floors, I used pure baking soda with a little bit of water and scrubbed it with a sponge, then I used vinegar and water to disinfect. It worked!


I used rubbing alcohol and old news paper to clean my windows and mirrors. WOW! What a difference! I can actually see out of my bedroom window now, which reminds me, I got an awful lot of yard work to do...

No comments: