The Coupon Lady


I have been part of a group called "mothers of preschoolers" for two years now. We get together once a month to do a "craft" project, and talk about our kids. I'm not going to lie, I suck at "craft" things, but I go because they have free child care and delicious snacks. I also love the fact that I get to sit down, relax, and have “adult” conversations for a couple of hours. We had our first club meeting of the year this past Thursday. There were a lot of moms there. One particular girl caught my attention. I overheard her telling another mom about coupons and how to save money at the grocery store. I LOVE meeting other frugal people, and I also LOVE learning new ways to save money!! I always clip coupons from the Sunday paper, but I'm definitely not an "expert" at the "discount grocery" subject. This girl, on the other hand, could probably write a book about it. She told us she bought a trunk full of groceries once for $3.99...at PUBL#X...Say what?! I couldn't believe it. My eyes lighted up, my heart started beating fast, and I wanted to hug her. I was jumping up and down when I asked if she would share her secrets with me... I bet she thought I was "special"...Oh yeah, and I also asked if I could write a post on my blog about her, and she said YES!!

So here is what she told me:

*clip manufacture coupons from the Sunday paper.
*sign up for "costumer rewards" programs, such as "baby club" at Publ#x. (they send you store coupons in the mail).
*Also, there are two blogs you should check daily. (IHEARTPUBLIX.COM and TOTALLYTARGET.COM) The authors of those blogs do most of the "hard work". They find the good coupons online and post them on their blog for you. They even give you tips on how and when to use certain coupons to maximize your savings!

She also told me:

Most stores will take both manufacture and store coupons for the same item, and they also accept competitor’s coupons!!

OMG'sh!! I have never been so exited about grocery shopping in my life. I have been collecting my coupons; I will let you know how it goes.

P.S.: If you want to connect with other mothers of pre-schoolers in your area, you should check out MOPS.ORG
P.S.#2: I don’t legally endorse and I am not legally endorsed by Iheartpuplix.com, totallytarget.com or mops.com. Visit and follow those sites at your own risk!

1 comment:

Brittany said...

I've heard about the iheart...websites! i think walgreens and riteaid have one as well! i'm excited to see how it works out for you frenc.