Dress to impress!

I feel like a 10 year old girl writing all my personal little adventures on my diary. Except instead of waiting for my little brother to find my diary, read all my secrets and broadcast it to all the neighbors, I have skipped the middle man and posted it directly on the internet.


On a different note, I’d like to share one other frugally green idea.
A few weeks ago, I was invited to a bachelorette party. My good friend from college was getting married and she wanted me to celebrate with her.
To be honest, although I was honored to be invited to such special event, I did not want to go. First of all, the party started at 8pm, and usually by that time, I’m already in my pajamas. Secondly, I’m a stay-at-home mom, and the words “make-up”, “bar” and “limousine riding” are definitely not part of my job description. Also, my wardrobe consists of lots of t-shirts, shorts, and flip-flops. I don’t own anything fancy at all.
I thought I had many valid excuses not to go...until, the day before the party when I decided to clean up my closet. I found many “treasures” in there, including an old pair of skating shoes with duck tape holding the soles together (I told you we were frugal), a hand full of dead roaches, and a collection of old bridesmaid dresses. I tossed the shoes and the dead roaches away, but I kept the dresses. I tried them on, one by one. I remembered all the special weddings I got to witness and all the fun I had celebrating those special days with my friends. Then I remembered my own wedding. I don’t want to get all emotional here, so I’ll skip all the mushy-mushy details, but I’ll tell you this: I loved every minute of my special day, and I still love being married to my best friend.

So, I decided to step it up, set aside my excuses, put on something cute, and go celebrate a once in a life time day with my sweet college friend.
What did I wear? One of my old bridesmaid dresses. I’m not kidding...A golden, strapless dress...It was a long gown originally, but I cut it to knee length and hemmed it myself. I wore it with a brown leather belt and shoes. (It looks a little wrinkled in this picture, but it looked fabulous at the bachelorette party!)
Total cost?!
Cute cocktail dress: FREE
A glass of sweet tea at the bar: $2
A night full of fun with a good friend: PRICELESS

3 comments:

Miranda said...

I love your attitude, Frency! You are one of my most fun friends. I love how honest and funny you are. Your blog is def. one of my favs! ;o) Please keep it up. :o)

Brittany said...

I love you sista. Way to make lemonade from lemons :)

MWitt said...

Poop