Family Room


Eight months ago we purchased our "dream home". We bought a 1959 mid-century modern home. It's 1600 sq-ft, with slanted roof, and a really high selling. We love the location, it's right across the street from a public park, a mile away from the grocery store, and within five miles from all our friends.
We decided to furnish the house with 1950's and 1960's furniture, to go along with the style of the home. My first project was the family/kids play room.
I wanted a family room that would be mid-century modern, colorful, and easy to clean, since my family is a little on the messy side. I shopped thrift stores, antique stores, eb*y, and other places online for the best used furniture deal. After a couple months I finally found these couches on Cr%#gslist. I paid $300 dollars for both couches, an awesome side table (not shown), and the coffee table/foot stool. I've seen similar couches on eb*y go for over $1000! I'm very please with them, both couches and coffee table are made of wood and vinyl, which makes it very easy to clean. Now I just need a pretty rug and some pillows, but that's another post!

No comments: